Legal & Law
Protecting data storage is crucial in the legal industry. In the era of working remotely, attorneys’ sensitive client data may be contained on a laptop, external hard drive, or a cellular device. It’s easy to stop and get online at a local café or wherever there is a Wi-Fi connection which may or may not be entirely secure. Legal data breach protection is, therefore, a top priority. At Ciphertex®, we provide legal security solutions that protect confidential data against outside threats and potential human error, which can create complicated legal issues.
Cybercrime is more prevalent and more sophisticated than ever before. A single network breach can expose the data of tens of millions of people, an occurrence that has happened previously. Attorney-client privilege is crucial in the overall success of the legal proceedings, hence client data should never be at risk of exposure and leaks. Data encryption, network security, and other forms of security are, therefore, critical.
Why Data Security is important for Law Firms
- Exposure of data can violate the attorney-client privilege
- An attorney may lose clients and face a damaged reputation
- A legal professional may face a malpractice lawsuit
- A lawyer may lose their legal license
- Client documents may be used to access personal information, leading to identity theft
- Allow lawyers and other personnel to work remotely
- Support bulk file transfer
- Establish chain of custody
- Reduce or avoid human error
- Monitor and control data from anywhere
- Provide security encryption at all times
- Let non-technical legal professionals protect data
- Establish perimeter and endpoint security
- Remotely control access to external devices
- Comply with all relevant data storage/encryption regulations
Benefits of Ciphertex® Secure Data Storage for the Legal Industry
Best Practices To Secure Your Client Data
In many law firms, on-premise data storage, including personal computers, lack vital encryption. An on-premise infrastructure not only requires a dedicated IT staff, but also creates security concerns. Cloud data storage doesn’t protect all your data when in use on a device or transmitted over a network. Your best bet to prevent confidential data loss is to have a data security solution that protects and encrypts data at every stage.
Another best practice is to back up data in at least two locations. Hardware issues can put network security at risk, so verifying system performance from time to time is important. Multi-factor authentication, transportability, disaster recovery, and business continuity systems complement your encrypted network as well, while an advanced data backup and recovery system protects legal data at all levels.
What is E-Discovery
Multiple investigators/examiners can view encrypted data in the field all at once.
Simultaneous High Speed Data Imaging
Work With a TOP Data Storage Protection Company
Ciphertex® provides some of the most advanced portable data servers and NAS security equipment in the industry. We can offer your law firm a network security system that meets the strictest military standards. Understanding how important it is to protect legal data, and how crucial it is that lawyers, attorneys, and other legal professionals secure confidential information, our team can provide an AES-compliant system with 256-bit encryption.
For more information on our data security hardware and software, and to access our free RAIDZ calculator, continue browsing or contact us at 818-773-8989.